By using MITR website or providing personal information to us, you are consenting to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy and any applicable Country or Website Privacy Statements.
If you do not consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information as described in this Policy (and any applicable Country or Website Privacy Statements), do not use MITR website.
The information we collect.
- Information You Provide To Us. There are portions of this Website / Application where We may need to collect personal information from You for a specific purpose. For e.g. You can register, apply for partner services, seek out enabler connects. In the course of these various offerings, We often seek to collect from You various forms of information, such as: name, address, e-mail address, telephone number, fax number and business details. At some instances, You may also be able to submit Information about your business plan. For example, You might submit answers specific to your business / idea for an innovation challenge or hunt posted on the portal.
- Information That is Automatically Collected. In general, You can visit this Website without telling Us who You are or revealing any information about Yourself. We, and Our third party service providers or other partners (collectively ‘Partners’) may use automated means to collect various types of Information about You, Your computer or other device used to access Our Website. A representative, non-exhaustive list of the types of automatically collected information may include: network or Internet protocol address and type of browser You are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system You are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS), mobile network, device identifiers, device settings, browser settings, the web pages of the Website You have visited, Website visited before and after You visited our Website, the type of handheld or mobile device used to view the Website (e.g., iOS, Android), location information, and the content and advertisements You have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on. Please see our Section titled Cookies, for more information about how the foregoing Information may be collected and used.
We do not automatically capture any specific personal information from you, (like name, phone number or e-mail address), that allows us to identify you individually. If the Portal requests you to provide personal information, you will be informed for the particular purposes for which the information is gathered and adequate security measures will be taken to protect your personal information.
We gather certain information about the User, such as Internet protocol (IP) addresses, domain name, browser type, operating system, the date and time of the visit and the pages visited. We make no attempt to link these addresses with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site has been detected.
- Information that You share with Other User on the Website/ Mobile Application: Our website allows viewing and sharing information including through blogs, rating, comments/messages and chat etc. You should consider who you choose to share with and what you share, because people who can see your activity through our website can choose to share it with others on and off our website, including people and businesses outside the audience that you shared with. For example, when you send a message to specific startup or an enabler, they can download, screenshot or reshare that content to others, across or off our website, in person or through online medium. Also, when you comment on someone else’s content and/or react to their content, your comment and/or reaction will be visible to anyone who can see the other person’s content, and that person will be able to change the audience later. We are not responsible for any information/data, personal and/or commercial shared by you with any other user or third-party on the Website/Mobile Application. Users are advised not to use the website for any financial transaction for third parties and restrict the use to none.
How we may use the user information
By entering Your User Information, You accept that We may retain Your User Information and that it may be held by Us or any Partners that processes it on Our behalf. We, along with Our Partners, shall be entitled to Use Your User Information for the following purposes:
- Provide and communicate with You about feedback, follow up on programs you’ve applied for or queries submitted to the team
- Fulfill your requests regarding the services, including without limitation respond to your inquiries, communicate with You about our products or services that We believe may be of interest to you
- Enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of our Services, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the Information,
- Provide technical support for the Website or in connection with Our services and Offerings,
- Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through Our Website or Services,
- Protect the safety of our other subscribers or Users,
- Perform analysis regarding how you use the Services or any part thereof such market research, including statistical analysis of User behaviour which We may disclose to third parties in depersonalised, aggregated form.
- In order to enable Us to comply with any requirements imposed on Us by law.
- In order to send You periodic communications (this may include e-mail), about features, products and services, events and special offers. Such communications from Us may include promotion of programs being organized by third parties on our website.
Security and Data Sharing
Security is very important to Us. All security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality, integrity and availability of Your User Information. We maintain strict physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect Your User Information including your personal information from unauthorized or inappropriate access.
We follow generally accepted standards to collect, store and protect personal data, including the use of encryption. We retain personal data for as long as it is needed to provide the services you have requested, and thereafter for legal and service purposes. These may include retention periods mandated by legal, contractual, or similar obligations; for resolving, preserving, enforcing or defending our legal and contractual rights; needed to maintain adequate and accurate business and financial records or how you access, update, or delete your data etc.
This website will take all reasonable efforts to ensure the confidentiality of personal data, uploaded information etc. and will take reasonable efforts to ensure that the information received from you is not misused. This website also reveals personal data/information uploaded by you in connection with any lawful process. While this website will take the above reasonable measures to guard against misuse of personal data/information submitted to it by you, this website cannot guarantee that someone will not overcome our security measures, including, without limitation, the security measures implemented on this Web site. Therefore, your posting of personal data/ information on this Web site constitutes your acceptance of this risk, and by posting of personal data/information, you waive any right to seek legal relief from this website due to any misuse of your information.
We shall not be responsible for any illicit, immoral, illegal and/or malicious content exchanged between one or more users and the knowledge of the same shall give the Website/Mobile application Administrator the right to block and report such a User.
The Website administrator and managers shall not be responsible for any information/content being disseminated through live streaming/ broadcasting on the website by a third party. In the event a user finds such content to be illegal, immoral, illicit, immoral and/or incorrect by nature of determined facts, such user may inform the website administrator to Report the content.
Transparency and Openness
Information sharing and Disclosure
We do not sell or share any personally identifiable information volunteered on the Portal Website to any third party (public/private). Generally accepted best practices shall be user to protect any information provided to this website to protect from loss, misuse, unauthorized access or disclosure, alteration, or destruction.We may disclose the User Information as follows:
- To service providers or Partners that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This may include service providers that:
(a) conduct research and analytics.
(b) create content.
(c) provide customer, technical or operational support.
(d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms).
(e) fulfill orders and user requests.
(g) host our Services, forums and online communities.
(h) administer the Website.
(i) maintain databases.
(j) otherwise support our Services.
- Any answers submitted by you for a specific program or innovation challenge will be shared with the partners who are a part of that specific Innovation Hunt.
- In response to legal process, for example, in response to a court order or a subpoena, a law enforcement or government agency’s request or similar request.
- We may share the User Information with Our affiliates or group companies, so they can provide, improve and communicate with You about their own, or their marketing partners’ products and services.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
Your information including any Personal Information is stored, processed, and transferred in and to the Amazon Web Service (AWS) servers. Please note that these countries may have differing (and potentially less stringent) privacy laws and that Personal Information can become subject to the laws and disclosure requirements of such countries, including disclosure to governmental bodies, regulatory agencies, and private persons, as a result of applicable governmental or regulatory inquiry, court order or other similar process.
If you use our Platform from outside India, including in the USA, EU, EEA, and UK, your information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in India. By accessing our Platform or otherwise giving us information, you consent to the transfer of information to India and other countries outside your country of residence. If you are located in the EU and applicable law specifies relevant legal grounds for processing personal data, the legal grounds for our processing activities are to perform our contract(s) with you; to meet our legal obligations; and for our legitimate business purposes, including to improve our operation and Services and to detect and prevent fraud.
We rely on legal bases to transfer information outside the EU, EEA and UK, and any Personal Information that we transfer will be protected in accordance with this Policy as well as with adequate protections in place in compliance with applicable Data Protection Laws and regulations.
We regularly review and may make changes to this Policy from time-to-time. To ensure that you are always aware of how we use your personal data, we will update the online version of this policy as required periodically to reflect any changes to our use of your personally identifiable information. We may also make changes to comply with developments in applicable law or regulatory and business requirements. Where it is practicable, we will notify you by other means prior to changes materially affecting you such as by posting a notice on our website or sending you a notification via email. However, we encourage you to review this policy periodically (or at least annually) to be informed of any changes to how we use your personal data.